1. Decide on the kind of services you want
We provide services for:
The Do It Yourselfer
- If you prefer to plan and implement your own project, but need a little direction, James Landscaping, Inc. offers consultation services.
- We also design landscape and irrigation plans for self installation.
Those Who Want Help with the Big Stuff
James Landscaping, Inc. will collaborate with you by doing part of a project including:
- Bed preparation
- Planting Large Trees
- Water Features
- Hardscapes (patios, decks, arbors)
- Planting of pre-purchased plants
- Installation of existing plans
James Landscaping, Inc. can implement all aspects of your landscape including design, irrigation, patios, retaining walls, drainage and water features. Leave the work to us and enjoy your new surroundings.
2. Steps to take
- The first thing to think about is how much time you are willing to spend on maintenance. This affects plants and other features.
- Next, you should evaluate how much money you would like to invest.
- Create a list of plants and styles that appeal to you and a list of those you do not like as well.
- Locate a copy of your plot plan or survey. A copy was included with the closing papers for your property.
- Make a full scale copy of the plan. It is important for accurate calculation of costs, plants, piping, drainage and other materials to have a drawing that has not been reduced or enlarged. Many plot plans are on large paper. You need only copy the portion that shows the property lines with buildings and structures. Any words or blank spaces need not be copied if size is an issue. We will keep this copy and write on it.
- Call the office for an appointment and we will set a date and time that meets the needs for all decision makers and our design staff.
Consultations & Pricing
If you already know what you want or already have a plan, we provide estimates for $45 an hour. This fee is deducted from contracted work.
If you are looking for advice or design ideas, our consultation rate is $65 an hour for Northeast Tarrant County, with a one-hour minimum. Charges are calculated based on the quarter hour thereafter. We charge up to $20 for travel time and expense depending on the location of the property outside of Northeast Tarrant County. The consultation fee will be credited toward the purchase of a design.
Survey of property needed at time of visit. This helps us obtain accurate measurements of the various areas to be landscaped to determine the exact amount of materials to be used in order to complete the project.
Pricing for all aspects of Landscaping varies to some extent due to the cost of the materials at the time of purchase. Although we have provided a range of prices below there is no upper limit. The prices below are averages of typical residential projects.
Landscape Design & Installation Pricing
Landscape Designs = $300 and up depending on the size and difficulty of the landscaping project.
Landscape Installation = Typically, landscaping runs $8.50 per sq. ft. and up
Seasonal Trimming and Clean Up = $55 per man hour and up depending on difficulty of work + cost to haul off debris
Water Feature Pricing
Natural Water Features = Start at approximately $4,000. An average 11’x16’ pond costs approximately $9,000.
Landscape Lighting Pricing
Landscape Lighting = Starts at $180 per fixture + $350 to $730 for the transformer
Patio & Walk Pricing
Mortared = Estimates provided by appointment.
Patios and Walks = Non-mortared start at $12.00 to $20.00 per sq. ft depending on styles and materials used.
Irrigation and Drainage Pricing
Irrigation (LI5159) = Estimates provided by appointment.
Drainage= Estimates provided by appointment.
Arbors & Furniture Pricing
Arbors & Furniture = Start at $25.50 to $36.50 per sq. ft depending on style and materials used.
Retainer Wall Pricing
Pavestone Retainer walls = Starts at $14 per sq. ft.
Dry Stack Retainer walls = Starts at $24.50 per sq. ft.
Fences = Estimates provided by appointment.